✞ He is Risen ✞

Happy Easter everyone! I apologize for how long it's been since I have last posted. I've been in sort of a writer's block :/ . But I am back and just in time for Easter, one of my favorite times of the year! When I was younger, I associated Easter with egg hunts, bunnies, and fun crafts with my mom or one of my grandmas. I actually never believed in the Easter bunny though, my family and I all agreed it took away the true purpose of the holiday. I knew it had something to do with my family's faith, but it wasn't until I got older that I realized just how special this holiday was.

On Good Friday, this is one of the darkest times in our history. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was brutally murdered on that old, rugged cross. He paid the ultimate price so we can be free from our sins; He CHOSE to die for us. Do y'all realize just how awesome that is?! Someone loves us so much, that He is willing to sacrifice his life for us so we can live eternally with God in Heaven. Nothing compares to the everlasting love the Lord has for each and every one of us! And on the third day, He defied the odds and rose from the grave. Jesus has defeated death! Today we celebrate that, and worship his unconditional love for us.

While we can't always rely on people or earthly things, we should all know we CAN rely on God. He will never betray or abandon us. I know sometimes it feels like no one is listening and that you're all alone, I've been there way too many times before. But trust me, you aren't alone; God is always listening and answering your prayers. However, the answer to our prayers isn't always yes... sometimes the answer is no or not yet. I know those answers can be disappointing or frustrating at times, but if we knew right then what God had in store for the future we would understand why the answer was no. The Lord's timing is perfect, and thy will be done.

Currently, our country is going through some pretty dark times. This past week and next week are supposedly the peak of deaths due to COVID-19. I think it's pretty ironic that one of the darkest times in history was also this past week. It's amazing how God is working and creating miracles right in front of our eyes. Today, we honor and glorify Jesus for the ultimate price he paid for our sins. Thank you Lord, for sending your son to die for us. Now, we can spend an eternity with you in Heaven.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." -1 Peter 1:3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hiatus Explanation...

What Would Jesus Do? He Would Love First

Journal Entry From February 2nd, 2020